Sunday, May 3, 2009

Journey back in time

Boy! How many time have I taken this journey………..should I say at the drop of a hat….cherished memories of the past are never too far away…..just lingering about the corner waiting to be re-called by the mind……….

Mind’s ability to travel back & forth in time is akin to a ‘read-only time machine’ – It gives one a chance to re-live the moment, without actually an option to change it……….

What a splendid mirage! It creates a false sense of being! Times whiled away when they should have been used to live the present or even better create future

I guess the ideal state (of mind) is that which defies the lure to travel back in time and simply ‘live the moment’

8 comments:

Rishav said...

I dont get it..what if by living ..i want to remember all things past...why are you precluding nostalgicism from idealism. I guess anything in excess can be bad ...but a bit of good memory can set u up for the day...give you good confidence to deal with the world etc etc..

Nithya said...

While I do agree with you, i think the entire idea of going back in time is a little deceptive.....basking in past glory doesn't get anywhere.....Fedex stopped winning ever since he started bragging about his 13 slams!

Rishav said...

Just cause u poorly phrase it, doesn't means the idea itself is deceptive....going back in time is not deceptive, its impossible..remebering past things..good and bad..reminiscing good things and bad...now that haas
its own advantages or disadvantages..but each to its own..why should one pre judge the issue...and Fed is losing cos of the serve and Rafa...i dont htink braggin or anything has to do with it..

Nithya said...

Guess what! I met Steve Waugh at a SCB dinner event yday and i asked him - "what it feels like to have been the most successful Australian captain"

His reply: "I dont think about it these days. I've moved on in life"
And then went on to talk about his current interests.

May be this is what i meant

Rishav said...

I guess yoo should right about how hope is bad and lies are good

Anonymous said...

You met S Waugh??? really???

wow waugh !

you have a picture taken along? an autograph? dont tell me you did neither.

I am dropping dead anyway.

Rishav said...

Frankly..this post could have been written by me..

Nithya said...

let's just say great minds think alike :)